Happy birthday, BRDA! Time for a veeeeeery brief summary of our first year here on Earth. Let’s go!
- As part of project WINDOW, we’ve sent 1025 windows to Ukraine. There are 300 more waiting in the storage. We will keep going as long as we have power in our muscles and money on our bank account! Here is where the Foundation’s heart lies. Project WINDOW would not be possible without our amazing partners (District #1 Foundation <3), dozens of companies, private homeowners and institutions, which donate windows to our cause. It wouldn’t be possible without the financial support we received (BNP Paribas! Humanity in Action! People! Merci!). Our community is growing.
- Together with the City of Warsaw and Dom Odbudowy Ukrainy we’ve sent 52 power generators to cultural institutions in Ukraine. More ahead of us, along with air dryers and water pumps which will head to the Kherson region. We are working more and more closely with Warsaw and we are very happy about it!
- Together with 10 architecture studios from Poland and our Polish-Ukrainian-Belarussian-Kaliningradian student group we created a catalog of ways to install reused windows. It is available online, for free, in Ukrainian. We love it dearly and were happy to collaborate on this project!
- As part of the ever-growing BUDO project, we organized workshops with the National Institute for Architecture and Urban Planning. We continue to work together on an exhibition about the Warsaw Atrium building (sparks will fly, see you in the Zodiak pavilion), we obtain reused building materials for sale and we take a closer look at building deconstruction sites. More soon!
- We conducted two painting workshops with Ukrainian kids in Warsaw and Wisła, together with artist Kaja Gadomska and the ING Art Foundation and the ING Children Foundation. It was colorful and moving. Another workshop ahead of us!
- Our friends organized two charity events for us – a Christmas party and a wonderful concert in SPATiF, which enabled us to considerably prolong our projects. Thanks to everyone, who donates to our work. Thanks to you we were hear a whole year and we intend to stay longer <3
- We are launching our consluting offer dedicated to architects and investors in September. We wish to promote material reuse and socially responsible practices. We are learning, and training especially for this task! Year number two means workshops, lectures and reports!
- It was a year of ongoing workshops (Switzerland, Wrocław, Warasw), lectures, exhibition curatorial tours (Warsaw Museum, London), conferences, interviews and podcasts (the newest with CYRKL will soon be online!). We are learning and exchanging good practices. Not sleeping a lot, we must say.
- Together with IAM and TŁO architecture studio we curated an exhibition on windows and material reuse. Our Polish Pavilion at London Design Biennale won the main prize! What a beautiful finale to our first year with you, guys!
Thanks again to all our partners, donors, volunteers and all well-wishing BRDA people.
Let’s get back to work!